Someone has vomited on your carpet? Maybe you had your friends over and someone had too much to drink or your kid or pet was sick? Although it’s quite unpleasant don’t panic. It’s not impossible to clean it. I have some tips and tricks for you. Even if you don’t contact a cleaning company like https://monstercleaning.com to help you-you can do it yourself.
- Clean it immediately
You need to be quick. Don’t let it sit for too long because the vomit might set deep into the carpet fibers. If that happens, it can be quite hard to clean it and the smell will be impossible to remove.
Prepare yourself with a trash bag, gloves, a spoon, white vinegar, a spray bottle, and a microfiber cloth/ dish towel.
- Put on your gloves
- Use the spoon and scrape the vomit out of the carpet. Throw it in the trash bag.
- Put some white vinegar in the spray bottle, add a little water.
- Spray the solution on the affected area.
- Blot the area using the microfiber cloth or dish towel.
- If for some reason you acknowledged the vomit later you can still clean it
Use the same method I described above but with some differences.
- Spray the area before you use the spoon.
- Repeat the entire process above until the spot is clean.
- Still not able to clean it?
Get baking soda, a towel, a vacuum cleaner, microfiber cloth/ dish towel, a spoon, and a bottle.
- Pour the baking soda over the affected area.
- Put a towel over the baking soda for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the rowel and vacuum the baking soda.
- Grab a spoon and scrape the vomit (just like in my first tip).
- Spray some white vinegar mixed with water.
- Blot using a microfiber cloth or dish towel.
- You can also use club soda.
You need a spray bottle and microfiber cloth/ dish towel.
- Fill the spray bottle with club soda
- Press the cloth/ towel to the stan so you can blot the moisture
- Repeat until the stain is removed.